Founded in 2017, our management team has a combined 25 years of experience across the payments industry. With a solid background in acquiring, payment gateways, online fraud management, alternative payment methods and banking, Transact365 is well primed to meet merchant requirements. Our payment gateway is PCI Level 1 Certified and our partner network of acquiring institutions covers the UK, Europe, North America, and Canada as well as Asia and Australia.
Our consultative approach allows us to develop niche, bespoke and specialist solutions for our clients. These solutions are derived from our wide global network of partners, banks and processors who understand that each merchant is unique in its approach to online and point of sale payments.
About the role:
Identify, refine, and implement a robust and commercially focused risk & compliance strategy
and maintain an effective risk management framework with supporting policies that identify, assess, control and report on the range of risks and exposures that our company faces. This will involve:
- Maintain the company’s risk governance framework covering risk policies, risk appetite statement & tolerances, risk assessments and risk impact evaluations, internal control systems, risk models, systems and procedures & ensure they are implemented appropriately.
- Manage the Compliance Monitoring Plan and Risk Management Programme to identify, prevent
and correct areas of noncompliance
- Prepare monthly risk framework KRIs & KPIs & trends for review with the senior management.
- Ensure risks are actively managed within the business and that any items of concern
- Manage the preparation of risk related submissions to the Regulator.
- Maintain a Risk Incident Log to capture the occurrence, management, remediation, and reporting of significant and major risk incidents; serve as the main point of contact for risk alerts, escalations, and actions with partners / regulators.
- Implement a continuous risk assessment of our operating business model, platforms, processes, and people to identify risks and points of vulnerability.
- Ensure effective operational controls are in place that flag operational performance issues
and collaborate with functional heads to understand root causes.
- Contribute to the merchant risk assessment profiling and scoring tools and KYC onboarding practices.
- Be aware of upcoming regulatory changes and the potential impact on the company’s policies
- Manage the on-going development and growth of the company’s Transaction Monitoring capabilities & ensure the firm and its employees are complying with all relevant regulatory requirements and internal Policies & Procedures.
- Acting as a key influencer in determining and driving the risk and compliance culture
- Support the business by providing advice and assistance on application of rules and policies
for specific transactions and general business activities based on an understanding of business strategies and regulatory requirements.
- Provide support advice and guidance on day-to-day issues arising from AML/Customer Service/Marketing and others in the business.
- Ensure familiarity with our products and keep updated on relevant industry risk and compliance issues and solutions.
The ideal candidate:
- Hands-on Risk and Compliance experience in the payments industry, particularly from an EMI, cards, processing, acquiring, open banking or issuing environment.
- Positive contributions to meetings/discussions and to add value quickly.
- A self-starter and problem-solver who is creative, can hit the ground running and is hungry
to contribute to the group's success story, who can think strategically as well as at a detailed, implementation level.
- Strong data analysis capability & clear written, verbal communication and presentation skills
with the ability to present management information in a simple and effective way.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to work in a fast-paced environment - you are likely
to be a highly experienced and commercially aware risk expert within the payments, money transfer and EMI space who is excited to get involved with a growth focused fin-tech company with ambitious plans.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the payments sector, with a problem-solving attitude
and commercially, business-growth orientated mindset, with exposure to relevant regulatory bodies.